Donating to Re‑Source York.
Re-Source York will pick it up at no cost!
Not sure what to do with your unwanted refrigerator or couch? Don’t worry, we will pick it up at no cost! Donations must be showroom-ready and able to be resold without refurbishing. Fill out our donation request form to start the process.
How to Donate
Step 1: Is Your Item a Good Fit for Re-Source York?
We’re looking for clean items that are resell-ready for our showroom floors. Due to our fast-paced operations, we cannot repair and restore donated items. Missing pieces, rips, stains, rust, mold, and other imperfections may affect our ability to accept your donation.
Items We Accept:
Home Goods Store:
- Home décor
- Bedroom furniture
- Dining room furniture
- Children’s toys and furnishings (strollers, bouncers, high chairs)
- Small appliances
Home Improvement Store:
- Cabinetry sets and pieces
- Large working appliances
- Power tools
- Masonry, metals, woods, plastics, and composites
- Insulation, roofing, and siding
- Doors and windows
- Outdoor furnishings
- Plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical units/components
Items we do not accept:
- Computer equipment
- Entertainment centers
- Exercise equipment
- Rusted/broken/ripped appliances and items – essentially anything that needs to be ‘fixed’ before reselling
Step 2: Getting Your Donation to Re-Source York
Both of our locations accept donations during regular business hours. Donations may be dropped off at the rear of:
Not sure how to get your large donation to us? Don’t worry, we will pick it up at no cost! Donations must be showroom-ready and able to be resold without refurbishing. Fill out our donation request form to start the process.
Re-Source York appreciates donations of time. Most of our volunteer opportunities are physical (i.e.: moving furniture, cleaning items, organizing shelves), so come ready to work!
As a non-profit organization, we appreciate financial donations to help support our mission. Your tax-deductible donation helps offset our operating costs of both our home goods and home improvement facilities so we can continue to provide support to our community in meaningful ways.
Benefits of donating money:
- Warm and fuzzies: Financial donations to non-profit organizations give you all the feels. In fact, research indicates that donating money triggers pleasure centers in the brain. Science!
- Tax deduction: Since Re-Source York is a non-profit organization, your cash donation is tax-deductible. Check with your tax preparer, of course, for advice, but you can save at tax time with your donation. Bonus!
- Teach kids the importance of giving: Teaching our children to care for others and to be generous when able is an important lesson we can share in our community. Charitable giving can help you be a great role model for kids in your life – it’s a win-win!
HOW MONEY IS USED:
- Vocational training: Donations of money allow us to continue to provide vocational training and transitional employment for people enrolled in Employment Support programs through Bell Socialization Services.
- Direct support to our community: Every quarter, Re-Source York makes a cash donation to the Bell Family Shelter, the only shelter in the area that provides emergency housing for entire families. Our donations help fund one full day a month of operations at the shelter.
- Operating costs: Financial donations help offset the operating costs of both of our stores. When our operating costs are lower, we are able to reallocate our budget to other areas of focus for Re-Source York.
HOW TO DONATE MONEY:
- Donate Online
- Mail a Donation
If you would like to mail a donation, please make a check payable to Re-Source York and send to:
Attention: Corey Wolfe, Executive Director
161 E. 9th Avenue
York, PA 17404
- Do you shop online with Amazon? Consider using AmazonSmile, which allows shoppers to donate a small percentage of their purchases to a nonprofit of their choice. Just use smile.amazon.com for your purchases, and choose Re-Source York as your designee.