We don’t want to jinx it, but it appears that the Spring weather is here to stay! We are so glad to say goodbye to Winter (especially the snow) and are looking forward to helping our customers with their Spring cleaning and redecorating projects!
Unsure where to start with your spring cleaning and redecorating? Here are some tips to get you on your way.
- Chances are your microwave needs some TLC. Give your microwave a good, deep cleaning by heating lemon juice and rinds in water. Cut one lemon in half, squeeze the juice into a microwave-safe cup and drop the rinds into the mixture. Microwave for three minutes then let it stand in the microwave for another five. The steam will loosen the grime and you can wipe the microwave clean.
- Decluttering is one of the best ways to reduce stress AND tidy up a house. Walk through the main rooms in your house and find the items that need to be put away. For items you have not used in three months, consider donating it so someone else can make good use of it (hint: we accept donations of gently used home goods and home improvement supplies).
- A fresh coat of paint is an easy way to change the feeling of a room. For spaces that need a boost, a gallon of paint and a few hours of work can make all the difference.
- An accent chair can tie a room together and make a great conversational piece.
- Changing the hardware on your kitchen cabinets is an inexpensive way to update the look of the most-used room in your home.
- Don’t neglect the outside of your home this time of year! Now is the perfect time to give your lawn and garden a boost with weeding, planting, and general care.
Re-Source York for your Spring Cleaning and Redecorating
Re-Source York can help you with your spring cleaning and redecorating needs. Here is a sampling of what you can find at each store:
- Cleaning solutions
- Lawn care tools and products
- Large appliances
- Home décor
Re-Source York is also ready to help you this Spring by welcoming your gently-used, resellable home décor and home improvement items. So when you look at your dining room and think, “I loved the wine theme five years ago, but it just isn’t me anymore” or when you pull that box out of the attic and say “This was one of my favorite decorations, but I can’t believe I still have this!” bring it to Re-Source York and let it help brighten someone else’s home. We will even pick up your large donation for free. Learn more about how to donate your items to Re-Source York.