Volunteers are the backbone of our stores,
and of our community!
Volunteer at Re‑Source York.
We appreciate donations of time and look forward
to welcoming you to the team.
Opportunities for involvement include customer service, cleaning, organizing and stocking inventory. With the rapid turnover of goods, you will find the work challenging but the atmosphere is pleasant and the people enjoyable. We love to have fun while doing hard work!
Any number of hours per week is acceptable. Retirees and students welcome. Maybe you have experience in building, home repair or remodeling. Perhaps you’d like to know you’re making a difference environmentally or you really enjoy working with the public. Our orientation and training will help you fit right in.
Types of volunteer services needed:
- Customer service
- Cleaning donated items
- Stocking shelves
- Organizing inventory
- Moving furniture
- General cleaning and maintenance
- Cleaning windows
- Assembling shelving
Benefits of volunteering to the community
- Make a difference: Volunteering with a nonprofit organization like Re-Source York can help you make a direct impact in your community. Volunteering supports our goal of bringing quality, affordable home goods and building supplies to everyone, regardless of budget. Your involvement can help the community!
- Sense of happiness and pride: Research shows that volunteering your time can help boost your mood and pride in your community. Couldn’t we all use a mood boost?
- Learn a new skill: Volunteering your time with Re-Source York can help you learn a new skill and gain experience that may help in other aspects of your life. We all value self-improvement and learning!
How to volunteer or where to inquire about volunteering
- Complete the volunteer request form below to start the process.
- After we’ve reviewed your application, we will contact you within two business days to schedule a time for orientation.
- After your orientation, you are all set to start volunteering at our stores – it’s that easy!